Wednesday 12 November 2008

Oh Dear

That was my first thought when i looked at my hastily edited continuity film earlier, which overall looked very scrappy. Cue Kia, Morgan, A Camcorder, and the tape entitled Awesome Crew. I Have shot some new footage, and I am planning to edit it a home using Final Cut, and add to the footage i have already got, and hope that it works! I included over the shoulder shots from both sides of the conversation, which took several takes again because of the nature of the conversation (about Kia not having and limbs!) Anyway, it's all good now, and I am thinking up ideas for my Thriller film. I am thinking of a chase sequence, but not by some hideous three headed monster, or a chainsaw wielding, hockey mask wearing maniac, but the viewer of the film doesn't know what is chasing the person being chased. I am not sure of the whereabouts of this sequence yet, but i was in Hammersmith the other day, and i found a particuarly dark and dingy looking area that was very atmospheric for this sort of thing. However, when i first had the idea, i wanted to do it in a multi storey car park, and I haven't given up trying to find one i can use yet, but it is fairly unlikely. In terms of actors, I have asked James Sherrard to be the unfortunate one being chased, and I am going to get in contact with one of my more intimidating friends to be the person chasing, if I am actually going to use one. But yer anyway, that's basically it in terms of my ideas.
I have recently been reading into the  controversy caused by the highly amusing book 'Should you be laughing at This?' by Hugleikur Dagsson, which was a book released a couple of years, and one which i forgot about, and have now rediscovered. It shows how people's personal tastes on this controversial subject can affect their better judgement, as I think it's quite funny if you don't take it to seriously, which I think some people are. Have a look at this article:
Sorry about the small text, but that's the best i can find at the moment. Also, if you like that very blunt humor, check out the book 'Modern Toss' which is very similar and has an accompanying tv show! 

1 comment:

Sacha van Straten said...

Hi Tom,

It really isn't as easy as it looks getting a sequence cut right, is it?

I'm pleased you're being determined and having another go. Planning and blocking shots in advance is critical to success. That's why you'll need to show me a detailed storyboard before you go out to shoot the main film.

I'm amazed you have any intimidating friends. You seem so mild-mannered!

I shall look forward to seeing the rest of your work.